Sunday, February 13, 2011

The meaning of it all

It all began when I was a little girl.  I always had visions of designing my own clothing.  I can remember back to when I was younger and I would always alter my own clothing to make it the way I wanted it to be.  I would sit for hours working on one piece of clothing, hand-stitching away.  I always had a fascination in fashion and creating my own pieces.  Every dress I ever wore to dances, I would draw out with a pencil, and take it with me to different boutiques to find the exact dress I was looking for.  Same with how I wanted my hair done, I would draw to style I wanted and take it to my hairdresser.  I have always wanted to have my own line of clothing.  I studied in Fashion Merchandise for a little while at The Ohio State University.  I decided to pursue my education in an other field, but that was not the end of my fashion dream.  I would dedicate every second to every day to fashion and art if I could.  My mom got me my first sewing machine for my birthday, and since that day, I can not stop sewing.  My fiance Jon got me a Serger Machine for my birthday, which is SO AWESOME!  I plan to work really hard until I succeed at having my own line and clientele built so I can make my dream happen.  Life is crazy sometimes, and all you can really count on is making your life the way you want it to be by doing it yourself!

This is my little set up for now...Soon it will be the way I really envision it, but for now this is what I have and I love it <3




Jon and I are working on filling the wall with our own art =)

No comments:

Post a Comment